Monday, June 12, 2006

In Hong Kong!

Since my mother works for United Airlines, we often fly on "Employee Standby," which basically means that whenever a plane isn't full, we get to grab whatever extra seats there are. Sometimes, that means a seat in First Class. Or sometimes, like last week, it means no seats at all.

No wonder United employees are disgruntled. And here all along we thought it was the unions.

Long story short, it took three days for me to get to Hong Kong, but I'm here now (been here for two days actually, but I didn't get around to posting). I'll be heading to the mainland tomorrow to visit my grandpa's grave, return to Hong Kong for a day to get some last minute shopping done, and then it's off to Beijing for a summer of not speaking English.

[tag]Hong Kong[/tag]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home